January 30, 2007

A Shocking Discovery

My story begins with my first experience of lost. My father - was diagnosed with Cirrhosis of the Liver and the doctors say he has just a few months to live. We felt the immesuarable pain when we knew it - that sooner or later Tatay will pass away. I cannot explain the pain that I've felt the day he told his ordeal, we cried. Everythime we saw he suffered from his abdominal pain, we can't help but cry. Finally, there came a time when we knew it was the end. The day before he died, he told us that he is leaving tomorrow around 5am. Since then we were taking turns being with him. September 2, 1989 - 2am in the morning. He asked me to read him some passages from the bible. So I did. We also prayed the rosary. Exactly 5am - Sept. 2, he died at peace. He was 39 years old.


Now my story begins....I had mass on my right breast and had biopsy at Makati Medical Center last July 8, 2005. As I remember, when my surgeon told us that I have cancer it was not as hard as I think. Maybe, just maybe, I’m strong enough to accept it through God’s strength. We were waited the result for more than a week and I’ve got an ample time to pray, to have courage and be ready to accept whatever the result would be kaya it wasn’t that hard when I heard that I have cancer. My husband, my mother & my parents-in-law was there, unable to speak, silently they wept; that was made me cry and sank me into terrible sadness. But I’m at peace; I believe God has a master plan and it was happened for a reason. It’s just not my privileged to know what it is.

July 18, 2005, 3PM. I was scheduled for operation - MRM at Asian Medical Hospital.

No comments: